Easily select images to use in your Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents. The Lytho MS Office plugin enables you to search and filter through all assets within your Lytho DAM environment without leaving your document. Once you're done editing, you can upload your document directly into the Waiting Room.
The Lytho MS Office plugin is also available for Word Online and PowerPoint Online.
Installing the Lytho Plugin for Microsoft Office
- Be sure to close any running Microsoft applications compatible with the extension.
- Open the Microsoft Office Plugin details page on the Microsoft store.
- Click the Get it now button.
- if prompted, log in with your Microsoft credentials.
6. Click the Open in.. buttons for each application to finish setting up the extension.
Setting up the Lytho Plugin for MS Office
- Open the Microsoft application you would like to use in conjunction with the extension.
- Select the Lytho Assets icon from your Home toolbar.
- On the right side of your application, you’ll be prompted to enter your Lytho Subdomain and select a region. When complete, select Continue.
You can find the organization name in your Lytho URL. Enter the part between https:// and .us-1.lytho.com or .lytho.io
4. You’ll be asked to log in to your Lytho instance if you aren't already logged in and grant access to the application.
5. You’re all set! You can now search and filter for assets, view collections, upload, and download assets directly from your Microsoft documents.
Using the Lytho Plugin for MS Office
Select the Lytho Assets icon from your Home toolbar in Word, Excel, or Power Point to get started. We will be using Power Point to demonstrate but the plugin will work the same for each application.
You may be prompted to log in to your Lytho instance in another window. Once logged in your side panel with show the assets available to you.
Locating assets in the plugin works similarly to the asset manager:
- Locate assets by typing your search suggestion in the Search bar. Any related tags in the system will automatically populate. By clicking the tag, the Asset Manager gives you new results with all the assets that have that specific tag attached to them.
- Select Filters to open up a filter panel to help narrow down your search with advanced settings.
- Select Collections to access a collection of assets.
- Note that you will only be able to see the assets that you have permissions to view.
Once you have located an asset you want to use, hover over the asset and click Place.
Select Local Assets to view assets that you have already selected for placement, saving time searching for assets you plan to re-use.
Uploading Assets from The Lytho Plugin for MS Office
The Lytho plugin for MS office allows you to upload your documents directly into the Lytho DAM. Click the upload icon in the top right corner of your Lytho side panel to get started.
Select Current file to upload the file you are currently working on or Choose file to upload from your local files and then click Continue.
You'll see a banner indicating that your asset has been uploaded into the Waiting Room where you can add tags, permissions, etc. before uploading into the asset manager or sending for approval.