To modify the details on existing assets, you can use the Lytho DAM Asset Details Import Template.
- File Name is the only required field, must include the file type extension, and must match the asset file name in the DAM.
- Do not rearrange the order of the columns. The spelling and naming of the columns does not matter. What does matter is the order of the columns. So for example, if you were to name your column "assetname" instead of "Asset Name," it would not affect the ability to import your asset details. However, if you were to swap the Asset Name and Description columns, the asset description would now populate as the asset name.
- For fields with multiple values (Tags, Permissions, Meta Data), use carets ^ to separate the values.
- For fields with associated values (Tags and Meta Data), use semicolons ; to separate the associated values. Note the order of the relationship in the Tag field is “Tag;Tag Category.” The relationship is reversed for the Meta Data field: “Custom Field Name;Custom Field Value.”
- If a tag is uncategorized, you don’t need to include an associated value for it. (See “Fruit” in the example below.)
- The date format for publication and visibility dates does not matter. As long as Excel recognizes these as dates, the data will import correctly.
- If there are assets in your DAM site with the same file name, the details will be applied to both assets.
Below are the fields in the template along with two examples:
Yellow lemons on green background
Photographer;Ansel Adams^Item Number;123
Prepare and Run Your Import
As you prepare to import your asset details, keep in mind that all assets must already exist in your account.
If a Tag, Permission, or Meta Data in your upload spreadsheet does not exist or does not match what is in your account, the import will create a new one. Be sure that your fields match what is in your account so that the import maps correctly.
Once you’ve got everything ready, you can upload your XLSX file into the import modal. Click on the Settings gear icon, select Advanced from the left-hand sidebar, and click the Import Asset details to Lytho button.
Review Your Import
The system creates an Import history for all imports in your site and organizes them by date and time. After running your import, you can review how the details you uploaded were mapped to your assets. The history displays on the same page as the "Import Asset details to Lytho" button. Click on the Settings gear icon, select Advanced from the left-hand sidebar.
- Date and time of your import
- The import file, which is available for you to re-download
- Summary with the number of asset names (or file names) imported
- Number of tags, tag groups, and permissions that were applied, mapped to existing details, or created because they did not match what was in your DAM.
- List of tags, tag groups, and permissions that did not exist in your DAM and so the system created them for you.
- Error message if the system was not able to find an asset in your spreadsheet.